Crimes against mathematical constants
In the News
Mathematician and crime-fighter Hilary Putnam publishes his landmark paper arguing that mathematics is not purely logical, but "quasi-empirical", and that we should beware the possibility of "quasi-empirical crimes".
Niles Cartouchian and Egon Rhodomunde Confront Gnotilus causes widespread debate about the role of private citizens in fighting crimes against mathematical constants.
Asclepius Myrmidon discovers unregistered halting problem, predicts new class of crimes against mathematical constants.
Outbreak of Geometrical frustration exposes new class of crimes against mathematical constants.
Researchers discover new vulnerabilities in Draft lottery scatterplot, warn that new math crimes are sure to follow.
Prisoner's dilemma matrix latest to condemn crimes against mathematical constants.
Time series diagram indicates rise in crimes against mathematical constants.
- Brownian racket - a criminal racket which uses or exploits Brownian motion (nonfiction).
- Cantor Parabola - mathematician and historian of Crimes against mathematical constants
- Human Flea Circus
- Pi disaster
- Postminimalist detective
- Aesthetics (nonfiction)
- Crime (nonfiction)
- Mathematical constant (nonfiction)
- Mathematical expression (nonfiction)
- Mathematical notation (nonfiction)
- Mathematics (nonfiction)
- Number (nonfiction)
- Real number (nonfiction)
- Mathematical constant @ Wikipedia